With the holidays fast approaching let Wallflower Frames help you check at least one name off your list with the gift that gives twice – our Unpainted Frames!
You can choose from any one of our styles of frames unpainted, leaving you with a blank canvas and get your DIY hands dirty. Here is a little holiday inspiration to get you started…
The Candy Cane Ede Frame
– 1 unpainted frame (we used the Ede Frame)
– sponge paint brushes
– 2 cans of paint; 1 white & 1 red (Benjamin Moore has great coverage)
– painter’s tape (we used 1″ thickness to achieve our stripes)
1. Paint the base of your unpainted frame white and let dry
2. Adhere pieces of painter’s tape across the fully dried frame in a spacing of your choice.
The green tape will be the white stripes and the exposed white will become the red stripes
2b. Make sure you firmly press the tape down over all edges and corners to ensure there is no bleeding of unwanted paint onto the white
3. Once the painter’s tape is secure you can begin to paint the exposed white with red *apply 2 coats of paint if necessary
4. Once the red paint has dried, carefully remove the painter’s tape and admire your work of art – the Candy Cane Unpainted Frame!
Add your favourite picture and you’re ready to show your walls some Holiday love!